1. Whenever your child plays with GeniusKIDDY boards, start by asking whether she/he has wanted to play or not. Choose the right time with a high chance of getting the answer "YES" to ask. If it is "No", please wait until another time in the same day to ask again.
2. Follow GeniusKIDDY practices closely at the beginning. Later you can play your own ways.
3. Except for the preparation time, each lesson lasts about five minutes. Children can play on each board for two to six days, three to five times a day. Keep track of the time your child takes to learn these words then adjust the needed time based on the progress of your child. At the beginning, children usually take five days to finish a board, but the amount of time they need will gradually reduce to about two to three days.
4. When playing with GeniusKIDDY boards, you need to keep track of your child's progress to adjust play time accordingly. For example, if they are assimilating the knowledge quickly, shorten the time for each board, and increase it if they need more time.
5. To create more excitement for your child, you can change the place and environment. Children will relate what they learned with the surrounding environment. Changing the situation will help them to remember what they learned better.
6. After learning each word, there should be an interval before learning the next word so that the child will connect the learned word with the image.
7. Instruct your child to insert her/his finger into the holes on the board to take the puzzle pieces out. Use different fingers if the holes are in different positions. This practice will help your child to use her/his fingers flexibly.
8. Only let children play when they are still interested and stop before they get bored. If your child is not interested, find out the reason why she/he is not having fun and solve it before continuing next time.
9. Put away the GeniusKIDDY board immediately after playing.
10. There are GeniusKIDDY boards that a child can learn very quickly as well as boards that they will learn more slowly. In addition to the difficulty of the words, one more reason is that the mood of the child is different each day. Parents need to be patient. Do not change the board immediately, but rather, let your child learn one or two days more as long as they are still interested before moving to a new board, this will help to maintain their good habits. For words that your child cannot remember yet, you can play again later.
11. After your child has played with a set of 10 boards, let him review the learned words. It will help your child to memorize the old forgotten words. You can let him/her review an individual board or several boards at a time. Reviewing also can be a different experience for your child. Then give the child a day to rest before continuing with more playing. This will help your child's brain to rearrange and remember the words learned and is also a way to help your child feel excited to play next boards.
12. The whole program consists of 14 sets, adding up to 140 boards in total. For the most efficiency, children should play sequentially, going from board 1 to board 140.
All of the above guidelines are for reference only. Parents are free to think of their own ideas when playing with GeniusKIDDY boards to better suit their child. Parents should also encourage and support their children to play in their own way.
Read more on: Necessary attention when playing with GeniusKIDDY boards
GeniusKIDDY boards - Educational and Learning Toys for Toddlers of about 2 years old